3 Dec 2019

Alia Bhatt in Tears as She Talks About Her Sister’s Depression

Alia Bhat joins the growing pack of public figures getting candid about their struggles with mental health issues as she breaks down on stage while talking about her sister’s depression.

The actress, along with her sister, Shaheen Bhatt discussed the latter’s book I’ve Never Been (Un)Happier with Barkha Dutt at her event, We The Women in Mumbai on 1 December 2019.

Speaking of her sister’s battle with depression and her own struggles with anxiety, Alia was seen tearing up while her sister tried to console her.


The actress first came out and revealed she has been struggling with bouts of anxiety a few months ago, in an interview to Filmfare. Speaking to Barkha Dutt, she also credited her sister and her book with giving her the courage to talk about her anxiety.
Shaheen Bhatt herself first opened up about her battle with depression and anxiety in an Instagram post in 2016 and later in 2018.
In her book titled, I've Never Been (Un) Happier, she recorded her fight against depression and anxiety and exposed readers to the pages of her diary which she maintained since the age of 11.
Lisa Ray Also Opens Up About Her Cancer Diagnosis

Speaking at the same event, Lisa Ray opened up about her cancer diagnosis while discussing her new book Close To The Bone.
Talking about her initial reaction to her diagnoses she said, "My doctor was scared because after he announced to me that I had multiple myeloma, I didn’t react. Then I got this strongest possible message. Intuitively, I knew something was wrong. But I didn’t have the courage to do anything, because I was trained to ignore what my body was telling me.”
“Even though he said it was incurable and fatal. In my mind, I was thinking that my body has been trying to give me signals for months, and I was ignoring them.”

Source - ScoopWoop

Followers