I have made a special place in my audiences' heart and it's like winning an Oscar: Sanjay Mishra

New Delhi, Mar 20 (PTI) Character actor Sanjay Mishra, who is known for his roles in 'All the Best', 'Golmaal' and 'Phas Gaye Re Obama', says playing a protagonist in a film is a huge responsibility.

Mishra, 51, who would be seen playing his career's first lead in Rajat Kapoor's 'Ankhon Dekhi', said making your audience glued to the screen for two hours is a challenging task.

"It's a responsibility as I have to run the film completely on my shoulder. 'Ankhon Dekhi' is a diffrent film for me because I have always done commercial movies. I had to narrate the story for two hours and make my audience glued to the screens.
A still from 'Ankhon Dekhi'

"They should stay excited from the first frame to the last one. In this process, my director and co-actors helped me a lot. They were like a family to me on the sets. You don't get such kind of chemistry these days," Sanjay told PTI.

'Ankhon Dekhi', which is releasing tomorrow, is a family entertainer that revolves around Mishra's character Raje Bauji and his day-to-day experiences.

"This film is like a life and it shows all the shades of it. It's like an autobiography. It's a very general thought that a 50 plus person has. After living his life for his family, my character decides on to live life on its own term," Mishra said.

A National School of Drama graduate, Mishra feels that he himself was the reference point for his character in the film.

"There was no reference point to this character. But I am very close to my character. I want to live my life to the fullest. I want to try out new things and experiment with it. I love to take risks," he said.

Film's director Rajat had written the script keeping Mishra in mind but it was initially offered to Naseeruddin Shah.

"It's a big thing in my life that a director like Rajat Kapoor wrote a script keeping me in my mind. He told me about this when we were doing 'Phas Gaye Re Obama' but I never took it seriously.

"After a film finishes, I generally go on hiatus for sometime. When I returned and got to know about it I told him that I might not be able to sell the film but Naseer bhai will give a new high to your film. But after reading the script

Naseer bhai also felt that I was the correct person to play the character," Mishra said.

Having started his career as a comedian, Mishra is happy that he is still getting good roles and audiences love him. "I am very happy with the way my career has shaped up. I am happy with whatever I have achieved. I have made a special place in my audiences' heart and it's like winning an Oscar for me," he added.
Source..ibn live

A News Center Of Filmy News By Information Center

Google+ Followers